Rainforest Ecology Adventure
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
Check back for 2010 dates or contact us
Exciting Activities For All Skill Levels
- Experience the sites and sounds of San Jose markets.
- Trek uncharted jungle trails in daylight and darkness.
- Visit a coffee plantation and local farms.
- Interact with exotic rainforest animals at a wildlife rehabilitation
- See what National Geographic has labeled, "the most biologically
diverse place on earth."
- Learn to journal and photograph the creatures encountered.
- Feel the rush of adrenaline as you rappel from a rainforest
- Explore the rainforest canopy by ropes and harness.
Education and Environmental Awareness
- Identification of plants and animals.
- Rainforest ecology.
- Introduction to Natural Resource Management.
- Learn about Costa Rican culture.
- Environmental issues awareness.
- Introduction to coastal ecosystems.
- Introduction to Osa Peninsula Geology.
- Scientific data collection.
- Hike into a life-changing adventure no zoo tour or documentary
could ever provide.
Wild Studies Green is an 8 day eco-educational adventure for up
to 16 students chaperoned by their teacher. Through our instructors
participants will be introduced to life within a tropical rainforest
and learn first hand how it is important to the world. They will
also learn how the rest of the world is rapidly having its effect
on the rainforest. This is accomplished through daily field trips
to our informal classrooms in the forest. Here, hands on learning
will be applied to familiarize students with the plants, mammals,
birds, reptiles, and insects of the rainforest.
will visit a wide variety of environments during daylight and darkness.
River hiking, waterfalls, beaches, lagoons and mountainous terrain
will all be visited and studied. Segments on geology of the area,
history, and interaction with our local neighbors will round out
the weeks activities.